We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our Finance team based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation, and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers, and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas, and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 65 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With an estimated turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,000 people worldwide and serves more than 22,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com
About this role
The primary role is to provide support to Corporate Controlling. This role creates transparency in the performance of Barentz Group companies, through standardized financial / KPI reports and ad hoc reporting requirements. will report to and be the right hand of the Financial Control & Consolidation Manager.
- Provides insight into the Barentz Group companies´ performance (based on a limited set of KPIs and true understanding of the dynamics) and manages all aspects of the financial results.
- Accurate and timely reporting
- Maintain and improve consolidation and reporting process.
- Supports Corporate financial planning processes (budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning)
- Performs qualitative ad hoc cost and performance analysis.
- Assists in making Business Cases to provide sufficient insights for Management to optimize decision-making.
- Support initiatives with a Corporate Finance Scope.
- Work together and support Finance professionals in 70+ countries in monthly planning & control cycles.
- Take on ad-hoc projects in Corporate Finance Scope.
- Manage a highly disciplined monthly reporting and consolidation process in a global company for 100+ legal entities.
- Maintenance of the consolidation system (supported by Vena) and its integration in Power Bi.
- Integration of acquired entities within the group consolidation & reporting structure.
- Provide support to international finance teams on complex accounting topics and monthly reporting processes.
- Preparation of the group annual report and quarterly statements
- Maintain group accounting guidelines based on IFRS.
- Manage the intercompany reconciliation process.
- Support the external audit and communication with the group auditors.
- Advise on complex accounting issues, in accordance with group accounting guidelines and IFRS.
- Work closely with the corporate controllers, regional and country financial controllers, business control, corporate accounting, legal, tax, treasury colleagues, and external auditors.
- Participate in projects regarding improvements in the accounting, reporting, and consolidation processes and tools.
- Ensure internal controls are in place and working effectively for key business processes.
- Identify and drive process improvements.
Education / Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting, preferably supplemented with a post-master degree (e.g., RA, RC, or CPA).
- Good working knowledge of IFRS.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in an international environment in accounting & consolidation (Big 4 or multinational).
- Proven experience with global consolidation and reporting in a complex international environment.
- Good affinity with both financial transactions, financial reporting, and management information systems
- Power Bi expertise is a big plus
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable interacting with corporate finance and accounting professionals from head office and group companies.
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Proactive personality with a critical mindset.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- A high level of numeracy and pragmatism.
- Proactive and self-starting personality.
- Understands stakeholder management.
- Advanced adaptability, analytical thinking, entrepreneurship, facilitation, global outlook, and project management.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; multiple language ability is an advantage.
- Strong influencing skills and cultural awareness.
- People-oriented and managing tasks within a (Corporate) Head office
- Demonstrated evidence of problem analysis and solving skills, ability to influence senior people without any formal authority, cultural awareness
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Good self-organizer and resourceful, take professional development as their responsibility
- Functional Heads
- Corporate controlling team
- Finance professionals in 70+ countries
Barentz is a fast-growing organization with an open culture and short lines of communication. We offer you the freedom and opportunity to operate independently within the set objectives and frameworks. Barentz is looking for employees who are creative, independent, and energetic and like to take on challenges. You like to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, which requires a high degree of flexibility.
- Competitive package including 27 days annual leave + bonus structure
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing and innovative business
- Commuting allowance, up to 50 Kilometers one way
- Flexible and hybrid working environment
- Fringe benefits like private health care, private pension scheme, company Fitness scheme, etc.
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your resume and application letter, both in English, by using the below apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill Lan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: No.37