We are looking for a Workplace Support Engineer to join our EMEA IT modern workplace team to support the offices in France.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 70 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With a turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,500 people worldwide and serves more than 25,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com
About this role
As part of the modern workplace team, you recognize digital collaboration, technology, and tools as the way of the future, you understand the positive change technology delivers to people and processes, and you desire to enable your colleagues to adopt and derive value from these changes and to achieve positive business outcomes.
In your role, you will mainly provide second-line support and occasionally provide first-line support to local or regional users when required, following standards and processes defined by the global and regional IT organization. You will work in an open, accessible, and pragmatic team environment.
As Barentz is driven by knowledge, and as we embrace change, you may have the opportunity to develop yourself with continued or new specializations in Enterprise Networking, Microsoft 365, or Azure aligned with our business transformation initiatives and your abilities.
What you will do and have done:
- Knowledge of ITSM concepts or the ITIL 4 framework
- You perform your work as tickets in the global ITSM tool and you ensure that knowledge is captured, shared, and understood by the team.
- You contribute to process optimization.
- You collaborate on solution design and implementation.
- Maintain Windows Server Operating Systems. 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022
- Microsoft Windows 10 and 11.
- Provision and maintenance of virtual machines.
- Hyper-V and VMware
- Maintain Enterprise server hardware and storage.
- Configure and validate system backups.
- Ensure company policies and standards are adhered to.
- Networking: General connectivity diagnostics; Site-to-Site VPNs; Firewall Policies; Routing; VLANs & Network Access Control.
Collaborate with team members on:
- On-premises to Cloud migrations
- Microsoft 365 Administration: Entra ID, Teams, SharePoint, Intune
- Work with the security team to address vulnerabilities in your immediate environment.
- You are an IT generalist with at least 5 years’ worth of professional IT experience in a corporate environment.
- You also have a broad general IT knowledge profile with sys administrator and networking specialization.
- You are eager to evolve your specializations into what is relevant in 2023 and beyond.
- You will also be the on-site and remote resource for users for all modern workplace-related questions.
- You will be supported by peers from the Barentz headquarters in the Netherlands.
- Proficient in English and French
- Professional certification in IT is required.
- You are a good team player and communicator.
- You are a detailed person.
- You are comfortable to travel.
Looking for an exciting position? Then join us. We’re investing in our future and that starts by adding talented people (like you) to our rapidly expanding team. We kindly ask you to send your resume in English using the apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill.Lan@barentz.com
Job ID: No.96