We are looking for a Senior Product Owner Global Master Data Management to join our Finance team based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation, and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas, and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 70 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With a turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,500 people worldwide and serves more than 25,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com
About this role
As a Product Owner of GMDM, you deliver GMDM use cases, experiences, and solutions that create value and meet the business needs, in close alignment with the business, other POs, and IT stakeholders. For this specific position, the focus will be on the GMDM software, integration, applications, data dashboarding, and the Global Data Model.
As Product Owner, you oversee the complete development, quality, and welfare of the system to ensure they meet needs and preferences. Is accountable for CluedIn and the data model on a global level. The main duties include determining the overall vision and managing various backlog items/improvement initiatives. The Product Owner is the first point of contact for the organization for suggestions, questions, escalations, etc. regarding the software and data insight needs. This role reports to the Global head of Business control.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Define a Product vision for GMDM business needs, roadmap, and growth opportunities, together with stakeholders, to ensure business needs are well understood and defined in epics, features, and user stories.
- Ensure close alignment with and buy-in from IT counterparts on the technology / 3rd party solution direction, to jointly define and execute the roadmap.
- Ensure inclusion of data, user research, (A/B) testing, market insights, and business needs for definition and prioritization of the Product roadmap.
- Lead a transparent, data-driven prioritization process to work on backlog items that have the highest business value.
- Drive productivity of the Team you work with, to ensure items are being released and to the quality expected. Coach the team for the adoption of agile tools and practices.
- Ensure ongoing communication with stakeholders about priorities, features, testing and release planning.
- Maintain a clear and measurable set of KPIs that will be used to measure success.
- Keep up with industry trends.
- Act as a primary operational point of contact for all related aspects of the software.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to discuss updates on the state of the application.
- Contributes to the identification and management of technical projects necessary to ensure required and established service levels are maintained.
- Supports the management of strategic capacity, and performance management.
- Supports the management of software licenses, security certificates, and contracts.
- Manages relationship with CluedIn.
- Contributes to the safeguarding of the availability of all necessary application/service knowledge and documentation.
- Work independently in global virtual teams to ensure timely resolution of any audit or regulatory issues.
Responsible for managing, maintaining, and prioritizing the GMDM Application and Global Data Model roadmap and backlog, this includes:
- Responsible for drafting/refining backlog items into tasks that can be executed (development tasks as well as organizational tasks).
- Responsible for approving roadmap items prior to UAT.
- Responsible for the definition of ‘minimum viable product’ and ‘Done’ (Accountable for business readiness and alignment on implementation).
- Develop and manage a global data management team.
- Be a liaison with Business IT owner(s) for the digital service.
- Collaborate across application services to identify and communicate integration issues between services.
- Good relationship management with data stewards of GMDM software.
- Interacting with business partners to understand their business and reporting needs.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- A product owner needs to have access to resources and understands the value of data and its management.
- Independent and entrepreneurial.
- Agile understanding.
- Ability to prioritize a backlog, define a minimum viable product, and define ‘done’.
- Preferred background in project Management/line Management.
- A product owner needs the following skills: Presentation skills, the ability to consolidate and summarize information visually.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ideal background if: preferred background in business but has experience in technology, has a strong network within Barentz (and within the industry), background in senior management.
- Ability to be effective, influential, and thrive in a matrix environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Affinity with technical solutions.
Key performance indicators:
- Definition, prioritization, and planning of GMDM capabilities
- Tangible value creation using the software through the Barentz organization
- Successful implementation of these capabilities
- Full alignment with (senior) management across business and IT
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree, in business, IT, or related field.
- Preferably experience in chemical distribution.
- At least 5 years of experience in an MDM or data-related role at the senior/expert level.
- General Business Domains Understanding (Sales, Supply Chain, Finance) knowledge is a plus.
- Proactive and able to multi-task.
- Proven effective communication skills, written and verbal, with team members and leadership, across business and IT.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in a distributed/virtual environment.
- Project Management/Organizational expertise.
- Creative problem solver.
- A dynamic team member who can share ideas.
- Creative and actively seeking innovation.
- Positive and high-energy team member.
- Be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
Barentz is a fast-growing organization with an open culture and short lines of communication. We offer you the freedom and opportunity to operate independently within the set objectives and frameworks. Barentz is looking for employees who are creative, independent, and energetic and like to take on challenges. You like to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, which requires a high degree of flexibility.
- Competitive package including 27 days annual leave + bonus structure
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing and innovative business
- Commuting allowance, up to 50 Kilometers one way
- Flexible and hybrid working environment
- Fringe benefits like private health care, private pension scheme, company Fitness scheme, etc.
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your CV in English, by using the apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill Lan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: No.73