We are looking for a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer to join our Regional Cloud team based in Hoofddorp Netherlands.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 65 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America, and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With an estimated turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,000 people worldwide and serves more than 22,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com
About this role
This role is part of the European Barentz IT team and works as a member of a highly technical Microsoft Cloud team. This role implements, monitors, and maintains Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to computing, storage, network, and security. This role also ensures that the operational activities required to manage and administrate the implemented solutions are documented and executed consistently by other teams to meet security requirements and best practices. Among others, you will:
- Identify and resolve incidents, document solutions, and implement preventative measures to ensure system stability.
- Perform regular system maintenance by applying security updates and adjusting the configuration of the resources.
- Deploy highly available, scalable, & secure cloud infrastructure resources - a focus on Azure IaaS/PaaS and Automating deployments
- Collaborate on interesting Azure-related projects with local and global teams, contributing your expertise to meaningful initiatives.
- Continuously improve Azure infrastructure, actively participating in planning, design, and implementation phases for better performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, standards, and documentation to ensure consistency and best practices.
- Leverage the latest Azure solutions and features to enhance our infrastructure and drive innovation within our organization.
Are you an experienced and ambitious Azure specialist showing analytical thinking, strong initiative, planning skills, and solid but fair judgment? Are you a team player able to prioritize work, learn new concepts and, at times, multitask in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy solving technical challenges in complex environments and working with large-scale deployments with skilled professionals from multi-tiered disciplines?
- 7+ years of experience supporting Azure environments, including IaaS and PaaS, preferably in an international enterprise environment.
- AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- Must have experience with:
- Azure Active Directory/AD Connect.
- Azure Networking (Express Route, Virtual Network, Private Endpoints, ASG / NSG, Azure Firewall, Private DNS Zones, DNS Forwarder, VPN Gateway/P2S VPN, Application Gateway, API Management).
- Azure Management & Governances (policy Management Groups, RBAC, Bastion, Automation, Backup, ASR, Azure Monitor, Microsoft Defender for Cloud/Advisor, Key Vault).
- Azure Storage (Blob/SFTP, Disks, Files).
- Log Analytics Workspace/Application Insights.
- Proficiency with PowerShell.
Knowledge and/or experience of the following is an advantage.
- Cloud Adoption Framework.
- Azure Data Factory/Azure Synapse.
- Azure Kubernetes Services.
- Infrastructure as a Code/Bicep template.
- SQL Databases.
- Public Key Infrastructure.
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected framework.
Barentz is a great company to work for, with a positive and warm company culture, and a One Team, One Goal mentality. It is an inspiring multinational company, with fast-growing market segments and global coverage. If in the Netherlands, we offer:
- Competitive package including 27 days annual leave + bonus structure
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing and innovative business
- Commuting allowance, up to 50 Kilometers one way
- Flexible and hybrid working environment
- Fringe benefits like private health care, private pension schemes, company Fitness scheme, etc.
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your resume in English, by using the apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill.Lan@barentz.com
Job ID: No.77