About the job
We are looking Security Operations Analyst to join our team based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 65 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America, and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With an estimated turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,000 people worldwide and serves more than 22,000 customers.
About this role
Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of information are critical to the ongoing functioning and good governance of Barentz. Failure to sufficiently secure information increases the risk of financial and reputational losses. Barentz is committed to a robust implementation of Information Security Management and specifically committed to preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of its Information Systems and data supplied by, generated for, or held on behalf of third parties in carrying out work agreed by contract.
As a Security Operations Analyst you will become part of a growing, international team of security specialists, and you will be responsible for keeping the company safe and secure from cyber threats by executing a wide variety of security operational activities.
Barentz is in the process of building an international team of IT- and security specialists to further improve the company’s cyber security posture, strengthen its security processes and operate cyber security risk management in a three-tier structure (“Global”, “Regional”, and “Local”) together with several external security vendors. You will reside in the European Regional team but will have frequent contact with your global and local peers. You really will become a part of the global Barentz security community!
The below activities will be part of your responsibility:
- Executing security monitoring with a wide variety of security tools
- Acting as the functional owner of security tooling
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the international IT team
- Collaborating with an external SOC service provider
- Security Event and Incident handling (follow up on events, investigations, improving baselines, threat hunting)
- Performing technical security operational activities (e.g., analysis of logs and reports)
- Initiating security improvements (following security scans or penetration tests)
- Maintaining relations with regional security service providers
- Executing security investigations
- Managing incident escalations to global security
- Executing security assessments
- Executing security status reporting
- Participating as a security consultant in projects and business (change) requests
- Providing security advise
You will have a direct reporting line to the Global Information Security Officer.
- You are proactive, independent, well-organized, and passionate about IT and security!
- You can think like a hacker to detect weak spots in a company’s protection
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
- You have a good to excellent command of the English language
- You have developed analytical skills and are eager to further develop
- You are a team player, comfortable liaising with colleagues from different parts of the world
CISSP, Microsoft- or other security certifications are highly desirable. In all cases, you are eager to further develop yourself and extend your knowledge by learning on the job and taking security courses.
Barentz is a great company to work for, with a positive and warm company culture, and a One Team, One Goal mentality. It is an inspiring multinational company, with fast-growing market segments and global coverage.
- Competitive package including 27 days annual leave + bonus structure
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing and innovative business
- Commuting allowance, up to 50 Kilometers one way
- Flexible and hybrid working environment
- Fringe benefits like private health care, private pension scheme, company Fitness scheme, etc.
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your resume and application letter, both in English, by using the below apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill Lan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: No.21