We are looking for a Sales Manager Nutraceuticals to join our Nutraceutical Business Line based in Milan Italy.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 70 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America, and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With an estimated turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,500 people worldwide and serves more than 22,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com.
About this role
Handling General Sales Operations for Active Ingredients in the Italian B to B Food Supplements market, including face-to-face and remote selling to both new and existing customers, assessing customer needs, developing sales bids and proposals and executing the sales contract, and identifying and building relationships with prospective customers, aligned with the sales strategy to ensure the achievement of sales targets.
Managing the following General Sales Operations processes to ensure the achievement of sales targets:
- Sales of products to B2B customers as food Supplements CMO, Brands Owners
- Development of existing and new B2B customers
- Consultation of customers in their formulations and application developments
- Project/sample management, documentation, and follow-up
- After-sales service incl. non-conformity management – with the support of Quality/Regulation Nutra team
- Budget, forecast, stock optimization, price, and margin management
- Continuous collection and documentation (ERP/CRM) of market information about customers, products, competition, suppliers, applications, and market trends
- Execution of sales and marketing strategies
- Active contribution to rollouts of new principals
- Contribution as local principal manager for dedicated principals
Tasks and responsibilities
- Initiate/follow up sales, including price indications, offers, product and sales data, orders, forecasts, contracts, samples, complaints, and projects.
- Realize sales targets and budget (including the Sales Support part).
- Visit customers for sales and customer satisfaction purposes.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers, traders, and customers, and internally with Customer service, Supply Chain, and QA.
- Report customer or product data in CRM.
- Help in managing old stock and deciding on old stock use for sales orders.
- Sign off/approve margin calculations and prices.
- Collect and send related documents to the Supply Chain or QA.
- Collect and update market info in CRM to support today’s and future business.
- Correct sales and customer data processing in CRM and keep this data up to date.
- Respect ISO & QA procedures and collaborate with QA in case of (new) product verification.
- Achieve KPIs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in food, nutrition, chemistry, or science-related major
- 5 years in the same position or in the formulation lab. for Nutraceuticals.
- Language: English + Italian.
- Specific market segment and/or application expertise in Food Supplements, Health and nutrition is beneficial
- Applies advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience.
- Managing projects/processes, working independently with limited supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
- Unlimited travel throughout Europe.
Key behavioral criteria
- Commercial skills
- Sales/service attitude
- Accurate and efficient
- Communicative and good social skills
- Proactive attitude
- Team player, diplomat
- Stress resistance, flexible attitude, discipline
- Problem solver
- Acquainted with ERP systems
- Sales enablement
- Customer support
- Field marketing
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your resume in English using the apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID: No.95