About the job
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager in Croatia & Slovenia to join our Human Nutrition Meat/Fish field team based in Zagreb, Croatia.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 65 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America, and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With an estimated turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,000 people worldwide and serves more than 22,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com
About this role
Your working area is Croatia & Slovenia, and you will be based in our Croatian office in Zagreb, visiting customers and having the possibility for a home office one day a week.
Sales Manager Human Nutrition Ingredients Meat/Fish field, you use your technical knowledge and commercial qualities to generate (new) sales at our current and new relationships. You support our customers in finding the best (customized) solutions. In this position, you will report to the Country Manager in Croatia & Slovenia.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Carrying out independent acquisition, sale, and purchase of functional ingredients.
- Maintaining existing relationships and actively developing new contacts.
- Advising customers on the application of the range and development.
- Maintaining commercial contacts with principals and a role as principal manager for some of these principals.
- Keep abreast of developments in the food industry.
- Representing Barentz in commercial activities including trade fairs, symposia, and Webinars.
- Taking care of an effective report/administration.
- You have at least a bachelor's degree or equivalent within the focus area of Food Technologies.
- You have technical ingredient knowledge and a sense of commercial activities within industrial sales, in a B2B sales position in the sale of ingredients.
- You have strong business acumen and experience to develop and grow the new business including onboarding new suppliers, and new customers, and expanding the product portfolio.
- You have technological knowledge or affinity to be able to offer the right solution to the customer;
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the Food related Industry.
- You are familiar with CRM systems.
- You have a good command of English and are a native Croatian or Slovenian speaker.
- You can work systematically.
- You have good communication skills to be able to make good contacts within various disciplines.
- You are a proactive salesperson who can work independently to create new customers and identify prospects.
- Competitive package including bonus scheme
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing stage and innovative business
- Company Car as per Company Policy
- Flexible and hybrid working environment (minimum 3 days at customers and 1 day at the office in Zagreb)
- Fringe benefits like medical insurance, pension scheme, fitness scheme, etc.
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your resume in English, by using the below apply button. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill Lan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: No.18