We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join our Human Nutrition Meat, Fish, and Poultry field team based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation, and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers, and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas, and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 65 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With an estimated turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,000 people worldwide and serves more than 22,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com
About this role
Your working area is the Netherlands, and you visit our regional sales office in Hoofddorp on average 1 day a week.
As Sales Manager Human Nutrition Meat Fish and Poultry field, you use your knowledge and commercial qualities to generate (new) sales at our current and new relationships, and in the rapidly growing Meat Fish and Poultry field segment. You support our customers in finding the best (customized) solutions. In this position, you will report to the Area Sales Manager of Human Nutrition for the Netherlands and work with the Global Meat Fish and Poultry field team.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Target market: the Meat, Fish, and Poultry (including Hybrid Customers due to plant-based developments) as well as the functional blenders sector.
- Carrying out independent acquisition, sale, and purchase of functional ingredients.
- Maintaining existing relationships and actively developing new contacts.
- Advising customers on the application of the range and development.
- Maintaining commercial contacts with principals and a role as principal manager for some of these principals.
- Keep abreast of developments in the food industry.
- Representing Barentz in commercial activities including trade fairs, symposia, and Webinars.
- Taking care of an effective report/administration.
- You have at least a bachelor's degree or equivalent within the focus area of Human Nutrition.
- You have ingredient knowledge and a sense of commercial activities within industrial sales, preferably in a B2B sales position in the sale of ingredients or additives. Experience as a buyer or trader within the B2B market is also possible.
- You have Strong business acumen and experience to develop and grow the new business including onboarding of new suppliers and expansion of product portfolio.
- You have the technical knowledge or affinity to be able to offer the right solution to the customer; You have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the Fish and Poultry field or related Industry.
- You are familiar with CRM systems.
- You have a good command of the Dutch language both orally and in writing at a professional level.
- You can work systematically.
- You have good communication skills to be able to make good contacts within various disciplines such as Purchasing, R&D, Customer Sales, and Marketing.
- You are a proactive salesperson who can work independently to create new customers and to identify and cold-call prospects by telephone.
- Problem-solving, Hunter type, proactive, enterprising, result-oriented, commercial, customer-oriented, communicative, networker, strong technical aptitude and analytical.
- Competitive package including 27 days annual leave + bonus structure
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing stage and innovative business
- Company Car as per Company Policy
- Flexible and hybrid working environment
- Fringe benefits like medical insurance, pension scheme, fitness scheme, etc.
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your resume in English, by using the below apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill Lan: email@example.com.
Job ID: No.30