We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our Human Nutrition Segment based in Zaventem, Belgium
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation, and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers, and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas, and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 70 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With a turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,500 people worldwide and serves more than 25,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com
About this role
Handling General Sales Operations, including face-to-face and remote selling to both new and existing customers through various sales channels, assessing customer needs, developing sales bids and proposals, executing the sales contract, and identifying and building relationships with prospective customers, aligned with the sales strategy to ensure the achievement of sales targets. Maintaining excellent relationships with assigned principals
Managing the following General Sales Operations processes to ensure the achievement of sales targets:
- Sales of products to B2B customers
- Development of existing and new B2B customers
- Consultation of customers in their formulations and application developments
- Project/sample management, documentation, and follow up
- After-sales service incl. non-conformity management
- Budget, forecast, stock optimization, price, and margin management
- Continuous collection and documentation (ERP/CRM) of market information about customers, products, competition, suppliers, applications, and market trends
- Execution of sales and marketing strategies
- Active contribution to rollouts of new principals
- Active Contribution as local principal manager for dedicated principals
Tasks and responsibilities
- Initiate/follow up sales, including price indications, offers, product and sales data, contracts, samples, complaints, projects
- Realize sales targets and budget (including the Sales Support part).
- Visit customers for sales and customer satisfaction purposes
- Develop new strategic business partners/principals, in collaboration with New Business Development
- Manage relationships with external suppliers, traders, and customers, and internally with Supply Chain and QA
- Purchase products for sales purposes, in collaboration with Supply Chain and QA where needed
- Report sales orders and customer or product data in CRM
- Help in managing old stock and decide on old stock use for sales orders
- Sign off/approve margin calculations and prices
- Collect and update market info in CRM for supporting today's and future business.
- Manage sales support coordinator regarding priorities
- Respect ISO & QA procedures and collaborate with QA in case of (new) product verification
- Achieve KPI’s
Education and Experience
- University degree by education, e.g. Food Technology or Food Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in human nutrition Sales or R&D
- Language: Dutch, French, English
- Applies advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience.
- Managing projects/processes, working independently with limited supervision.
- Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
Key behavioral criteria
- Commercial/managerial skills
- Sales/service attitude
- Accurate and efficient
- Communicative and good social skills
- Proactive attitude
- Team player, diplomat
- Stress resistance, flexible attitude, discipline
- Problem solver
- Acquainted with ERP systems
- Sales enablement
- Customer support
- Field Marketing
Barentz is a fast-growing organization with an open culture and short lines of communication. We offer you the freedom and opportunity to operate independently, within the set objectives and frameworks. Barentz is looking for employees who are creative, independent, and energetic and like to take on challenges. You like to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, which requires a high degree of flexibility.
- Competitive package including bonus scheme
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing and innovative business
- Company Car as per Company Policy
- Flexible and hybrid working environment
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your resume and application letter, both in English, by using the below apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Johan Devaere at Johan.Devaere@Barentz.be
Job ID: No.63