We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our Regional Infrastructure team based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation, and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers, and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas, and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 70 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With a turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,500 people worldwide and serves more than 25,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com
About this role
This role is part of the European Barentz IT team and works as a member of a highly technical Infrastructure engineering team in the design, implementation, and execution of infrastructure network projects for Barents. Within the team, individual ownership and self-sufficiency is expected, as well as the ability to collaborate with remote colleagues. Among others you will:
- Assist in designing and implementing the network infrastructure.
- configure and maintain networking equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, Wlan, and other related devices.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network performance issues to ensure optimal network availability and uptime.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and resolve technical issues related to the network infrastructure.
- maintain and update network documentation and diagrams.
- Record changes
- Assist in implementing and maintaining security protocols and procedures to protect our network infrastructure.
- Provide support to IT colleagues, helping to diagnose and resolve connectivity issues.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, technologies, and best practices related to network engineering.
We are looking for a true CCNA-level candidate although certification is a must. Are you an experienced and ambitious network engineer showing analytical thinking, strong initiative, planning skills, and solid but fair judgment? A team player able to prioritize work, learn new concepts and, at times, multitask in a fast-paced environment. Do you enjoy solving technical challenges in complex environments and executing large-scale deployments with skilled professionals from multi-tiered disciplines?
- 7+ years of network support and engineering experience preferably in an international enterprise environment
- Education in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Experience in networking, including knowledge of TCP/IP, routing, switching, and firewalls.
- Familiarity with network concepts/protocols such as SDwan, OSPF and VLANs.
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools and software such as Nagios, PRTG, or SolarWinds.
- Understanding of network security concepts, such as firewalls, VPNs, and access control lists.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot network issues quickly and effectively.
- Documentation writing skills
- Fluency in English is required, and proficiency in Dutch is preferred.
- Be able to write detailed documentation and procedures.
- Experience with Cisco Meraki (DNA/Cloud) and WatchGuard is beneficial.
Barentz is a great company to work for, with a positive and warm company culture, and a One Team, One Goal mentality. It is an inspiring multinational company, with fast-growing market segments and global coverage.
- Competitive package including 27 days annual leave + bonus structure
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing and innovative business
- Commuting allowance, up to 50 Kilometers one way
- Flexible and hybrid working environment
- Fringe benefits like private health care, private pension schemes, company Fitness schemes, etc.
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your resume and application letter, both in English, by using the below apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill Lan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: No.88