We are looking for an Executive Assistant to the Board to join our team based in Hoofddorp Netherlands.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation, and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas, and Asia-Pacific. Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 70 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With a turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,600 people worldwide and serves more than 25,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com.
About this role
When you join Barentz International Headquarters (Amsterdam Area, Netherlands) as an Executive Assistant to the Board, you will be a liaison between the Board members and their direct reports. You will be responsible for initiating, preparing, coordinating, and following up on administrative duties associated with the executive’s area of responsibility. Next to that, you will be responsible for preparing and executing in a smooth way Monthly Meetings (such as e.g., the Supervisory Board, Management Board), Annual Meetings (such as e.g. the International Management Meeting) and other meetings to be planned with Board members (such as meetings with Suppliers and Customers).
- Anticipate needs, take initiative, and prepare a daily schedule of meetings and priorities. Maintains calendar and makes all travel arrangements.
- Organizes, prioritizes and summarizes the content of incoming materials, especially gathered information, special requests, and meetings. Exercises discretion and independent judgment while fielding telephone calls and emails to determine whether the Board member's involvement is necessary to support the business needs of the caller.
- Prepares and compiles materials for Board members, including meeting agendas when required. Organizes logistics for all meetings with Direct Reports onsite and offsite including staff meetings and in-person meetings.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in responding to requests, issues, complaints, problems, and other action items in the absence of the Board member.
- Completing special projects and coordination activities issued by Board members. (Includes PowerPoint; one-off reports; maintaining org charts, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains office filing and other record-keeping systems, including expenses.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 8-10 years of similar experience within an international organization
- Experience in secretarial and project management
- Proficient and advanced Microsoft Office experience including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Independent worker with organizational influence capabilities and sound judgment to make decisions within the responsibility area.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively interact with associates at all levels of the company in order to negotiate and ensure the best possible communication outcomes.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity; commercial spirit
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Full-time and flexible in work hours.
- Ability to stay focused in the face of multiple deadlines.
- Fluent in English —ability to read, write, and speak English at a high proficiency level; Dutch and any additional languages are an asset.
Barentz is a great company to work for, with a positive and warm company culture, and a One Team, One Goal mentality. It is an inspiring multinational company, with fast-growing market segments and global coverage. If in the Netherlands, we offer:
- Competitive package including 27 days annual leave + bonus structure.
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing and innovative business
- Commuting allowance, up to 50 Kilometers one way
- Flexible and hybrid working environment.
- Fringe benefits like private health care, private pension schemes, company Fitness scheme, etc.
Are you looking for an exciting position as an Executive assistant? Then join us. We’re investing in our future and that starts by adding talented people (like you) to our rapidly expanding team. Bring your new ideas and help further our success as a leader in our industry. We kindly ask you to send your resume in English, by using the apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill.Lan@barentz.com
Job ID: No.86