We are looking for a Business Controller to join our Finance team based in Singapore.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 70 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America, and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With an estimated turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,500 people worldwide and serves more than 22,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com.
About this role
Be a critical business partner to drive performance and support in finance matters. Support the APAC Team with insight into company performance, reporting, and improvement in business control processes in the APAC region. Drive improvements in the business control environment to further build the business control function. Be financially responsible for the AsPac entity incl. projects and other overhead costs.
- Be a business partner in driving performance and achieving results (hit the numbers) through the support of the overall financial planning process for APAC. This includes preparing for and supporting business review meetings, analyzing forecasts, and performing risk analysis.
- Check and analyze monthly P&Ls (including OPEX), and handle local finance reports requested by the regional and Group finance.
- Support the annual budget and strategic planning process.
- Drive business results based on financial analysis and create data insights.
- Drive internal control improvement.
- Participate in strategic projects in the APAC region.
- Proactively manage on time and improve financial reporting and analyses for APAC.
- Provide data analytics for APAC management.
- Financial Business Partner to the sales director in the region and driving insights and improving processes.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a similar degree, ACCA certification is a plus.
- 6+ years’ experience gained in a finance environment, preferably within a multi-national, matrix-structured based company.
- Experience in a life sciences company is a plus
- Good knowledge of business performance management and financial reporting processes and tools
- Good analytical skills: can source, analyze, and present complex information.
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a professional approach and a flexible mindset
- Strong understanding of financial systems and processes, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, and team skills, and ability to influence without authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and effective in a team-oriented matrix management structure
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Other languages in addition to English are an advantage.
- Discrete and sensitive to the needs of a large organization
- Developed Business acumen.
- Able to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and to report deadlines.
- Group and local Finance team
- Sales directors of the region
- Living in Singapore
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our team, please send your CV in English by using the apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill Lan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: No.97