We are looking for a Business Controller to join our Finance team based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands.
Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 65 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America, and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With an estimated turnover of €2.5 billion, the company employs over 2,000 people worldwide and serves over 22,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com
About this role
Be a critical business partner to drive performance and act as a sounding board in functional and operational matters. Support the Business Control Team with insight into company performance, lender reporting, and improvement in business control processes globally. Be a sparring partner for the G&A, for the CIO, General Counsel, Group Marcom Director, and Group HR Director, and be financially responsible for global G&A costs incl. projects, and other overhead costs.
- Pro-actively manage on time and correct financial reporting and analyses
- Drive our data science platform and data analytics
- Financial Business Partner to the CIO, General Counsel, Group MarCom Director, and Group HR Director Support regional CFOs with driving insights and improving processes
- Be a business partner in driving performance and achieving results (hit the numbers) through the support of the overall financial planning process for Global Functions. This includes preparing for and supporting business review meetings, analyzing forecasts, and performing risk analysis.
- Manage within the matrix functionally, agree with objectives, and be proactive in the development of the agreed plans.
- Analysis of OPEX
- Support the annual budget and strategic planning process
- Drive business results based on financial analysis and create data insights
- Drive improvement projects on a global scale
- Participate in strategic projects on a global scale
- Drive and build dashboards within Power BI to create insights
Education / Experience
- University degree level minimum
- Master’s in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics preferred
- 3+ years’ experience gained in a corporate finance environment, preferably within a multi-national, matrix-structured European-based company
- Experience in cost controlling for corporate staff functions
- Good knowledge of business performance management and financial reporting processes and tools
- Well-developed analytical skills: can source, analyze and present complex information in an international environment
- Ability to improve existing processes and implement new procedures and tools
- Experience in developing and building dashboards
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with a professional approach and a flexible mindset
- Sense of ownership combined with a focus on delivering results and making a positive impact on the company
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, and team skills, ability to influence without authority
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and effective in a team-oriented matrix management structure
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Other languages in addition to English is an advantage
- Discrete and sensitive to the needs of a large organization
- Developed Business acumen
- Strong organizer: delivers accurate, complete, and in time
- Problem-solver by use of common sense and a hands-on approach
- Able to prioritize effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to report deadlines
- Director of Group Business Control
- CIO, General Counsel, Group MarCom Director, Group HR Director
- Finance leadership team
Barentz is a fast-growing organization with an open culture and short lines of communication. We offer you the freedom and opportunity to operate independently within the set objectives and frameworks. Barentz is looking for employees who are creative, independent, and energetic and like to take on challenges. You like to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, which requires a high degree of flexibility.
- Competitive package including 27 days annual leave + bonus structure
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing and innovative business
- Commuting allowance, up to 50 Kilometers one way
- Flexible and hybrid working environment
- Fringe benefits like private health care, private pension scheme, company Fitness scheme, etc.
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your resume in English, by using the below apply button. Any questions regarding this position, please contact Jill Lan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: No.35