Barentz is a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation, and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas, and Asia-Pacific.
Established in 1953, Barentz has operations in more than 65 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With an estimated turnover of €2.1 billion, the company employs over 2,000 people worldwide and serves more than 22,000 customers. For more information, visit: www.barentz.com
About this role
• Member of the Italian Management Team: giving support to the Commercial Team for the Plan, ad hoc analysis, and presentation to the Management Team of the monthly results with variance vs. Plan and Prior.
• Provide leadership, direction, and management of the Finance and Accounting Team.
• Provide and assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting strategic initiatives.
• Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting.
• Establish and develop relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders.
• Review and coordinate all formal Finance, HR, and IT-related procedures.
• Accomplishes finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; supporting recruitment, selection, orientation, training, and coaching; reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
• Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances. Review and analyze monthly Sales, Gross Margin, Overhead, Working Capital, and Cash Flow.
• Drive the Company's financial planning with the support of the Corporate Functions.
• Perform risk management.
• Ensure compliance with the Group policies.
• Responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and annual Financial Statements.
• Develop and streamline detailed reports to monitor the unexpected trend and prepare the forecast together with the Sales Team.
• Contingency Plan: spending review and ad hoc actions to be taken to drive and support the Operating Earnings, WC, and Cash Flow achievements.
• Relevant degree, in Business Administration or related business discipline
• Fluent in Italian and English is a must
• At least 5 in the Distribution business
• Positive attitude and excellent communication and presentation skills
• Able to build relationships with colleagues in other departments
• Focus on simplification and continuous improvement of processes
• Strong management and relationship skills
• Competitive package +bonus structure
• An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing and innovative business
• Flexible and hybrid working environment
If you feel excited reading the above and want to join our journey, please send your CV and application letter, both in English, by using the below apply button.
Job ID: No.4