Purchasing Manager Raw Materials
Barentz is a global distributor of ingredients in the “Life Science” industry. We are a progressive organization in the human and animal nutrition, pharmaceutical, and personal care sectors.
To realize the ambitions and further growth of the organization, we are looking for a Purchasing Manager Raw Materials for our Vitablend production location and possible support of our other production locations, effective immediately.
Vitablend is a young professional and ambitious organization specialized in providing customized ingredient systems. They offer Nutrient Premixes and Spray-dried formulations for the Fortification of food, as well as innovative Antioxidant Systems for the protection of recipes in human nutrition, animal nutrition, and personal care.
As a Purchasing Manager Raw Materials, you and your colleagues are responsible for realizing and optimizing the entire flow of goods. In such a way that optimal utilization of the production capacity is guaranteed and that the products can be produced on time and in accordance with the company requirements.
An independent, versatile job with plenty of room for your own initiative. You know how important supplier management is and within the position you are involved in optimizing strategic relationships. You are strong in maintaining these relationships and you also know how to approach new suppliers. You have a commercial drive with a passion for raw materials. You have an independent and positive critical look at the requirements of the business. You closely monitor the market and you are frequently in contact with internal and external stakeholders.
In this position, you report to the strategic procurement director.
- Determination of requirements for the operational, tactical and strategic term.
- Defining and creating a purchasing strategy.
- Analyzing raw material requirements (budgets / forecast / current).
- Analysis of the supplier market.
- Supplier selection.
- Requesting and evaluating offers.
- Negotiating, drafting, and concluding contracts.
- Maintaining contacts.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in purchasing-related position(s).
- You have experience in supplier management.
- Knowledge and expertise in demand planning are a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Service-oriented and proactive attitude.
- HBO working and thinking level.
- You are decisive, analytical, result-oriented, ambitious and you have the natural drive to bring out the best in yourself.
- Affinity with the food market is a plus.
- Being able to operate in the interest of a global company.
- You work from both Wolvega and Hoofddorp on a regular basis.
- As a person, you feel at home in a “hands-on” environment, with a lot of developments, and where entrepreneurship is appreciated.
- You are driven, conceptually strong, decisive, solution-oriented, and practical.
- You can quickly distinguish between priorities.
- You are analytically strong.
- A challenging and dynamic environment.
- An environment in which entrepreneurship and continuous improvement are stimulated.
- A one-year contract with the intention of converting this into a permanent appointment.
- A nice team of colleagues.
- A competitive salary.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.