Data Protection Notice
Barentz fully respects your right to privacy and data protection and is committed to taking all steps necessary to protect your personal data. For more information on how your personal data is used on this website please see our Privacy Statement.
If you have any queries, please contact the Data Protection Officer, Barentz International BV, Saturnusstraat 15, 2132 HB Hoofddorp
How We Use Your Personal Information
Barentz will only collect the personal information necessary to answer a specific query or fulfil a required task. We do not forward information about you to any third party, unless required by law, or the agency which is relevant to your enquiry. Personal information will only be used for the purpose in which it is collected.
Barentz may process personal information on the basis of:
- The performance of a contract
- Compliance with a legal obligation
- Legitimate interest
- Vital interest
Examples of activities which we carry out where your personal data may be processed:
- Order management, Offers and Samples
- Responding to queries and requests
- The marketing of and communications from Barentz
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not use your personal information or data for a purpose other than the purposes for which you supplied it, and will not disclose it to any other person or organisation unless:
- The information is necessary to facilitate answering of a query or specific request, which you have made.
- We are required by law to do so.
- There are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health.
- That person or organisation is an agent or contractor providing a service to Barentz, who will be required to maintain the same or similar privacy principles as specified in privacy legislation.
- You have given us consent to do so.
The Right to Access, Rectification and Erasure
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to Access, Rectification and Erasure meaning you may:
- Receive a copy of your personal data (Subject Access Request (SAR)).
- Have your personal data corrected, if inaccurate.
- Erased, if there is not a legitimate reason for retaining the data.
Such requests should be made in writing, by letter or email, signed and accompanied by a copy of a current identification document (e.g. passport, driving license) to Data Protection Officer, Barentz International BV, Saturnusstraat 15, 2132 HB Hoofddorp.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before continuing with any request relating to personal data. There is no charge for Access Requests with the exception of cases where the cost of carrying out the Access Request can be demonstrated to be excessive or where further copies are requested. There are no charges for requests to rectify or erase personal data. Barentz will respond to all requests; please note each request is assessed on a case by case basis and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Security of Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal data we process is complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons.
Appropriate safeguards are identified and implemented so that Barentz can take all necessary steps to protect your personal data and any transmission of information sent to or received by Barentz. Although Barentz strives to reduce any security risks through all means necessary, no organisation can fully eliminate this risk.
Should you wish to obtain further information on matters relating to the processing of your personal data, or any of the points raised in this document, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer, Barentz International BV, Saturnusstraat 15, 2132 HB Hoofddorp
Last reviewed: 21/5/2018