Barentz organizational growth
- 1953 Foundation of Barentz B.V., The Netherlands, initially serving Dutch markets
- 1988 Barentz began international expansion in Europe with the establishment of Barentz N.V. Zaventem, Belgium
- 1992 Barentz entered the Eastern European markets; Establishment of Barentz Spol s.r.o. Czech Rep.
- 2000 Foundation of Barentz Europe B.V.
- 2002 Acquisition of Barentz’ first Center of Excellence Food Technology (Barentz Ingredients)
- 2005 Barentz founded new company focused on Sourcing in China
- 2008 Acquistion of second Barentz Center of Excellence, Vitablend
- 2010 Barentz formed Food Quality Services in the Netherlands
- 2011 Acquisition of Forum Products Ltd, strengthening our position in the life science industries
- 2012 Joint Venture Barentz-Ravago Chemical Specialist to build chemical distribution capacity
- 2012 Barentz purchase a majority stake in Rewe Food Ingredients, Germany, strengthening the business in both Europe and Asia
- 2012 Barentz open our second Vitablend plant in Singapore
Financially healthy company
Barentz has a Dun and Bradstreet rating 1: This means we have achieved the highest level of creditworthiness and have the minimum risk of failure.
Last rating: August 2011.
Barentz achieved the Gradon award: award for financial healthy company.
Steadily growing turnover
Barentz achieved a turnover of 850 million Euro in 2011. With the acquisition of Forum Products Ltd and a major stake in German Rewe Food Ingredients (RFI) we expect this to add to the overall business to create a turnover of 900 million Euro in 2012.